It’s Halloween, and I want to offer you some ideas to help you avoid financial tricks!
Always work with an advisor who is a fiduciary!
- Your advisor should always put your best interest first!
- If you aren’t sure, ASK!
Understand the investments In your account!
- What investments do you own?
- Why do you own them?
- How do they relate to your risk tolerance?
Analyze the costs of your investments!
- Advisor’s fees, Commissions
- Fund fees
- Is the performance worth the expense?
Participate In your company’s retirement plan!
- Consistent saving for retirement is usually a good strategy
- Employer matching helps your account grow
- Retirement is expensive
Save an emergency fund!
- It’s okay to start with a small amount
- Avoid putting expenses on a credit card
- Don’t invest your emergency fund—put it in the bank